Support of a Negotiation - Sumbiosis® Pilot
«You will be more effective when negotiating, if content and process are being taken care of separately.»
In this case, you and your counterparts take care of the negotiation content, while we take care of the negotiation process. In accordance with our negotiation management methodology, our role is then broadly as follows:
- If necessary, we help you explain to the other parties involved why it makes sense to assign the negotiation management task to us.
- We provide you and the other parties involved with a customized preparation roadmap.
- We are at the disposal of all individuals involved to answer questions regarding the preparation handbook.
- We set up the negotiation room.
- We guide you and your counterparts through the steps of an optimal negotiation process - i.e. we help all of you:
- maintain a productive working relationship throughout the negotiation;
- explore your respective points of view;
- avoid positional bargaining and focus the discussion on the respective needs and fundamental interests which the result of the negotiation should enable each side to fulfill;
- mobilize your creativity to create mutual gains;
- resolve conflicting interests in a non-arbitrary way;
- consider and assess your respective alternatives;
- draft clear and implementable commitments and action plans.
In other words:
- We do propose a way to structure your decision-making process - we do not tell you and/or the other parties involved what you should do.
- We do help you achieve good and sustainable agreements (or, if you decide that there is no good reason to make a deal, we see to it that this does not hinder you to negotiate together again in another case or under a different set of circumstances) - we do not push you into reaching an agreement.
More information Case studies:
- Case # 1: Keywords: Environmental conflict / Mobile phones, base station antenna
- Case # 2: Keywords: Strategic alliance / Outsourcing
- Case # 6: Keywords: Project Management / Project running into difficulties
- Case # 7: Keywords: Family-owned company / Conflicts / Employees / Management
- Case # 11: Key words: Hospital / Top management / Chief physicians / Ability to cooperate
- Case # 12: Key words: Hospital / Surgery / Bottlenecks / Change management / Team work quality